Over the past few years the avocado has taken the world by storm. And there’s a good reason why it’s gotten so popular; it’s a health bomb! While most fruit primarily consists of carbohydrates, avocados are instead loaded with healthy fats that keep you full and satisfied. With over 20 different vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, they make for a perfect addition to your diet. Plus, they add tons of good flavor and creaminess. Here are 3 of our favorite avocado recipes to get you started!
1. Toast two slices of whole grain bread.
2. Mash an avocado with a fork and spread over the bread.
3. Season with salt and pepper
Want to spice it up? Try topping your avocado toast with an egg, a couple of slices of tomato and red onion, or perhaps some chili flakes for an extra punch.
Avocado Summer Salad
1. In a bowl, whisk together lime juice, honey, salt and pepper.
2. Cut up avocado, your favorite melon, tomato, cucumber and any other vegetable or fruit that you like or have at hand.
3. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
½ cup almond milk
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla powder
1 cup ice
Blend all ingredients until smooth and creamy.